21 January 2014

Jack of all trades, master of Procrastination! - A note on goals...

This was a scheduled post but the scheduling hasn't worked so here it is, over a week late!!
Ironic! #whenforwardplanningbackfires


It's that time of year when the hot topic is making resolutions or in my case goals.
It got me to thinking about how we get things done and take those steps to reach our goals.
I know I am terrible for a dose of procrastination.
I don't know why when it is just so satisfying to tick things off a to do list.
I start off well then get half way through said list and I'm flapping and flailing, I don't know what happens. It's as if I'm scared of finishing the list? Then what happens? That is an unknown territory!

So one day, probably when I had more pressing tasks in hand, I googled it.
I could have chosen wiki or anywhere but I settled on the University of Cambridge, It's closer to home after all!  They have a great self-help guide:
http://www.counselling.cam.ac.uk/selfhelp/leaflets/procrastination

I found it particularly helpful because it includes what it is, why people do it and how to overcome it.
Needless to say I have bookmarked it to refer to later (most likely when I shouldn't be!).

The funny bit part is, that I have a plate on my wall...


Anyway, I shouldn't be too hard on myself, I've already managed to check off 5 out of 21 goals so far this year and I'm on target to have another 5 ticked by the end of the month.

Back soon xx